About the scheme
The Affordable Housing Provider Prequalification Scheme offers a pool of nationally registered community housing providers to help develop or manage affordable housing across NSW.
The scheme streamlines the procurement process and create partnerships that will increase the supply of affordable housing to households with very low, low and moderate incomes - usually at no more than 30% of their income.
Range of products/services
The scheme covers the management and construction of affordable housing in different regions across NSW.
The affordable housing providers (or community housing providers) on the scheme are all registered and meet the requirements of the National Registration System.
This scheme provides further information on their:
- capability as managers or also whether they construct/develop affordable housing
- regions where they are active
- scale of built form
- housing types
- client specialisations
- focus or intentions
- level of experience
- current portfolio.
The scheme allows any private or government organisation wishing to procure affordable housing development or management services to easily find providers active in their area. It allows them to check that the scale or type of development matches their needs.
The scheme also includes information about the intended future scope of each community housing provider (CHP). This makes it easier to find potential partners. It will allow prospective initiators of affordable housing to narrow the invitation to tender or expression of interest to relevant parties. This is expected to save time and money and improve housing outcomes.
Insurance and financial matters are considered during the National Registration process and are therefore not duplicated here. It will be up to all parties to do their own due diligence as they see fit.
Information for buyers
How to buy from this scheme
This scheme was established by Landcom, the NSW Government’s development organisation to help deliver affordable housing.
Who can use the scheme
Anyone wanting to find a registered community housing provider.
Current prequalified suppliers
View the list of prequalified suppliers and the geographical areas they cover (XLSX 26KB).
Metro North region
1. Cumberland/Prospect: Auburn, Baulkham Hills, Blacktown, Holroyd, Parramatta
2. Nepean: Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Penrith
3. Northern Sydney: Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Manly, Mosman, North Sydney, Pittwater, Ryde, Warringah, Willoughby
Metro South region
4. Inner West: Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield
5. South East Sydney: Botany Bay, Hurstville, Kogarah, Randwick, Rockdale, Sutherland Shire, Sydney, Waverley, Woollahra
6. South West Sydney: Bankstown, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Wingecarribee, Wollondilly
7. Central Coast: Gosford, Wyong
8. Hunter: Cessnock, Dungog, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Singleton, Upper Hunter Shire
9. Central West: Bathurst Regional, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes, Weddin
10. Orana / Far West: Balranald, Bogan, Bourke, Brewarrina, Broken Hill, Central Darling, Cobar, Coonamble, Dubbo, Gilgandra, Mid-Western Regional, Narromine, Walgett, Warren, Warrumbungle Shire, Wellington, Wentworth, Unincorporated NSW (Far West)
11. Riverina/Murray: Albury, Berrigan, Bland, Carrathool, Conargo, Coolamon, Cootamundra, Corowa Shire, Deniliquin, Greater Hume Shire, Griffith, Gundagai, Hay, Jerilderie, Junee, Leeton, Lockhart, Murray, Murrumbidgee, Narrandera, Temora, Tumbarumba, Tumut Shire, Urana, Wagga Wagga, Wakool
12. Far North Coast: Ballina, Byron, Clarence Valley, Kyogle, Lismore, Richmond Valley, Tweed
13. Mid North Coast: Bellingen, Coffs Harbour, Gloucester, Great Lakes, Greater Taree, Hastings, Kempsey, Nambucca, Unincorporated NSW (Lord Howe Island)
14. New England: Armidale Dumaresq, Glen Innes Severn, Gunnedah, Guyra, Gwydir, Inverell, Liverpool Plains, Moree Plains, Narrabri, Tamworth Regional, Tenterfield, Uralla, Walcha
15. Illawarra: Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven, Wollongong
16. Southern Highlands: Bega Valley, Bombala, Boorowa, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn Mulwaree, Harden, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan, Yass Valley, Young