About the scheme
The Financial Assessment Services Scheme has a panel of prequalified suppliers to assist NSW Government agencies and statutory corporations to engage external expertise in carrying out financial assessments on contractors or suppliers.
Applications may be submitted at any time during the life of the scheme.
Please note that this scheme is currently not available in NSW eTendering.
Range of products/services
The scheme covers the financial assessments required at the following stages of procurement:
The scheme offers 3 types of financial assessment reports:
Applications may be submitted for one or multiple levels of financial assessment.
Agencies are responsible for determining the appropriate level of financial assessment required, which will be based on the scale, scope and relative risk of a proposed project.
Information for buyers
Requirements for buyers
Tools, templates and resources
- Download the order form (DOCX,55.5KB) Online ordering is the preferred method of requesting financial assessments from some suppliers.
- View the list of prequalified service providers (PDF19.2KB)
- Download the performance report template (DOCX, 26.4KB)
- View the guide to financial assessment reports (DOCX1.11MB)
- View the Agency Accreditation Scheme for Construction (DOCX, 31.3KB)including a list of accredited agencies.
Accessing the Central Repository
The NSW Treasury (NSW Procurement) maintains a central repository of financial assessment reports. This helps manage risks to government associated with changes in the financial position of a company contracted to undertake construction work. It allows agencies to share assessment reports. Agencies can search the Central Repository to find if a financial assessment report has already been commissioned and request a copy.