The NSW Procurement Board Strategic Directions Statement guided the implementation of the procurement reform.
It had three objectives:
- driving value for money
- delivering quality government services
- aligning with business needs.
Seven strategic directions contributed to the delivery of these objectives:
- simplification and reducing red tape for suppliers and agencies
- engaging with industry
- innovating the approach to government procurement
- maximising opportunities for small and medium enterprises to supply to government
- providing for strategic and agile procurement practice
- establishing procurement category management across government
- supporting agencies’ procurement functions.