New whole-of-government contract available from 1 June 2017.
NSW Procurement announces that following a competitive procurement process, the whole-of-government Contract 0011 Criminal Record Checks has been awarded to Mercury Group of Companies Pty Ltd trading as Fit2Work Pty Ltd.
Contract 0011 will begin on 1 June 2017 for an initial term of two years with three extension options of up to 12 months each.
This contract delivers a consistent method for agencies to conduct criminal record checks for contingent workers and employees. Agencies can also use this contract to see if and when the last check was done and if another is required.
Agencies must use this contract as it:
- integrates with the existing vendor management system via Contractor Central
- provides a better and quicker process
- offers visibility of checks conducted, reducing unnecessary duplication and lowers demand
- reduces transactional costs
- delivers significant process improvements and efficiency
- ensures policy compliance and manages government's exposure to risk
- helps meet legislative requirements
- is a digital innovation.
Eligible buyers can purchase from this contract through the NSWBuy eCatalogues.
New buyers can check their eligibility to purchase by completing the online registration application.
Under Board Direction 2012-02 NSW Government agencies must use whole-of-government contracts for obtaining goods and services to which those contracts apply.