All agencies should not sign any Microsoft agreements until a new whole of government agreement has been reached.
The Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (DFSI) is currently negotiating with Microsoft to replace the current whole of government Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (Contract 2310), due to expire 31 May 2018. Other customer contracts under it will also expire on or following that date.
In the case that the negotiations are not concluded by the 1 June 2018, we are seeking Microsoft’s confirmation of the following:
- the Contract 2301 Head Agreement and each Customer Contract placed under it (and all associated enrolments, licences and subscriptions) are deemed to be extended on the same terms and conditions to 30 June 2018
- Microsoft will continue to make available and provide products and the same level of services and support currently provided to all Eligible Customers under and in accordance with that Head Agreement and those Customer Contracts until 30 June 2018
- notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Microsoft will not issue any invoices during the period.
While these negotiations are ongoing:
- DFSI requests that agencies refrain from purchasing non-critical products and solutions from Microsoft
- DFSI approval is required for any agency wanting to sign Customer Contract renewals before the new agreement is in place. Please email ICTServices@finance.nsw.gov.au.
A procurement alert will be issued when negotiations have been completed.
If you have questions, please email ICTServices@finance.nsw.gov.au.