The standard commercial framework applies to engagement types 1 to 13 of the Performance and Management Services Scheme (PMS Scheme) and is mandated by PBD-2019-01 Engagement of professional services suppliers. The framework ensures better commercial outcomes using:
- engagement types
- resource types
- capped resource rates
- discount structure
- capped expenses
- target resource mix.
The standard commercial framework doesn’t apply to:
- PMS Scheme engagement types 14-15
- other prequalification schemes.
Access the standard commercial framework
The standard commercial framework is available to NSW Government staff with a valid email address via the Major Suppliers' Portal. For help with registering and gaining instant access to the Major Suppliers' Portal, access the New user self registration guide (DOCX, 272KB) or contact the NSW Procurement Service Centre.
Engaging suppliers that have accepted the standard commercial framework is simpler
It is easier to engage suppliers that have accepted the standard commercial framework.
Suppliers that haven’t accepted the standard commercial framework are listed in PBD-2019-01 Engagement of professional services suppliers. Use the PMS Scheme – Finding suppliers guide (DOCX, 1.1MB) for help with finding suppliers.
Governance arrangements for non-compliant engagements
A more stringent approval process applies for engagements that do not comply with the standard commercial framework, including the following scenarios:
- Where the supplier has not accepted the standard commercial framework.
- Where the proposal is not compliant with the standard commercial framework.
You must take the following actions for each non-compliant engagement:
- Get approval from your Secretary, Executive Agency Head or cluster Chief Financial Officer, but only once satisfied that the work cannot be undertaken under the standard commercial framework.
- Ensure engagements are competitively bid with at least three quotes to ensure value for money.
- report the engagement via the Major Suppliers' Portal following the Reporting non-compliant engagements guide (DOCX, 722KB).