Construction projects valued $10 million and over
For all NSW Government capital works projects with an estimated total cost of $10 million or more, all agencies, other than state owned corporations, are required to undertake Principal Arranged Insurance (PAI) through icare. State owned corporations must demonstrate that they can acquire PAI at a price more competitive than the price offered by icare.
Construction projects valued under $10 million
Agencies, including state owned corporations, are able to decide whether or not to insure for projects under $10 million. However if they decide to insure projects under $10 million, PAI must be organised through icare.
Please see Treasury Circular 16/11 for more information.
Current insurance policies for construction projects
- View the icare Material damage contract work insurance policy from 2 October 2016 (PDF,515KB)
- View the icare Third party liability insurance policy from 2 October 2016 (PDF,463KB)
From 9 July 2019, agencies taking out a PAI policy under the Construction Risk Insurance Fund (CRIF) will need to go to the icare portal. (The existing portal will be decommissioned on 30 June 2019). Agencies seeking a quote or policy from CRIF between 1 July – 8 July 2019 are requested to contact the CRIF team directly.
icare contact details
- David Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9216 3972
- Shrey Anand at email@example.com or 02 9216 3630
Construction insurance resources
- View the Construction insurance practice guide (DOCX, 580KB)
- View the Works and public liability insurance checklist (DOCX,19KB)
- View the Workers Compensation insurance checklist (DOC,34KB)
- View the Professional indemnity insurance checklist (DOCX,18KB)
- View the Other forms of insurance checklist (DOC,40KB)